Google Editions

More Details Emerge on “Google Editions,” Google’s eBook Store

the new digital books program will launch in the first half of 2010 and will offer 400,000 to 600,000 ebooks at that time.

Про бизнес-модели - самое интересное:

As noted on The Bookseller, a site covering the Tools of Change conference, Google Editions will offer three business models. The first will allow a consumer to purchase the ebook from Google Books, Google’s online collection of digitized books. The second will allow consumers to purchase from a partner retailer and the third would direct consumers to a publisher’s website. In the first route, payments are split 6337 in the publisher’s favor. If purchasing from a retailer, that split would be 4555 with the 45% going to the publisher and the retailer splitting the remaining 55% with Google. No decision has been made on the split for the third option, purchases made via a publisher’s own website. Edmonds also noted that these splits are not set in stone just yet - discussions were “just beginning.”